What do you think of when you think of balmy nights, bright and sunny days, doing things simply? Things such as these remind me of Summer and island life. With Summer being my favorite season and my lust for tropical locales, I love that my beauty products help evoke the mood . It's one way to channel the warm weather, especially with the harsh Winter in New York. As I write this I'm daydreaming about lazy days on the beach.
1. Nars Monoi Body Glow II ( here, here ): I received this as a present from my brother for Christmas. I've wanted it for a while, and I love the variety of things I can use it for. What you see in the bottle is the monoi de tahiti, or the tahitian gardenia. The oil itself is coconut oil. I love using it in place of my body lotion as well as on my hair. It smells amazing and I feel like a tropical goddess when I put it in, the smell is beautiful and intoxicating. If you get the chance to visit French Polynesia, there are various monoi beauty products. But make sure it has stamp of authenticity on the back, this proves that it's real monoi de tahiti and coconut oil.
2. Josie Maran Bohemian Waves Argan Mist ( here ): This gives you those mermaid waves you get from being at the beach all day, but what I like is that my hair remains soft. It not only contains various oils to help nourish your hair, but the sea salt as well.
3. Desert Essence Coconut Shine and Refine Hair Lotion ( here ): If I don't put the monoi oil in my hair I use this instead. This one is definitely for coconut lovers with coconut oil being the first ingredient.
4. Josie Maran Coconut Watercolor Cheek Gelee ( here, here ): This is my second one, the first one being Berry Bliss. Poppy Paradise is one of the limited edition colors (from what I remember) so I'll be a little sad when I run out. But like the monoi oil, I love the versatility. It can be used on your cheeks as a stain and on your lips as well for a light flush of color. You can control the intensity, with it being as light or intense as you want. I love the natural ingredients; the first ingredient is coconut water!
5. Alba Botanica Hawaiian moisturizer ( here ): I use this as my daytime moisturizer before putting on my sunscreen. It smells like the islands, with a coconut-y and pineapple-like smell. It's a moisturizer that reminds me of a variety of tropical fruit.
What do you nourish your skin and hair with? I'd love to know!
And as always, thanks for reading xo